Thursday, December 14, 2017

Mid December

Country Home Winter

Christmas is less than two weeks away. Are you ready? We don't buy gifts anymore but I do write checks to the great grand kids which isn't very Christmasy but they get so many toys and clothes I figure they can put the money in a savings account and use it later. They won't get much interest now but hopefully someday that will go up. I am giving them each an old Christmas ornament from the trees we have had on our trees for many years. 

I think we (I) finally got our new internet modem and phone working all right. That was a huge challenge. I did find out that when you fill out a survey for a company they actually read them. When we got our Sleep Number mattress I filled out a survey they sent me and was very truthful on it and several days later they called me and actually sent us out some extra foam to use at no charge. So I filled out the Comcast survey. I actually gave them 4 stars which wasn't bad but they still called to find out why I only gave 4 stars. So I told him about the whole episode and how it took me 3 days on the phone, a tech guy coming out, etc. He was very honest and said it sounded like they needed to have their tech people have more training. What irritated me about the whole thing was I actually knew that Comcast would have to send their firmware to our modem, since it wasn't a Comcast modem that you rent. But I never thought about asking the tech support on the phone if they had done that! I figured that would be the first thing they did.  But it took the tech guy that came out go get to the 4th tier of support (which I found out was the engineering dept.) to actually push the firmware into my modem to get it to work. I had done a lot of research on line before I ever ordered the modem from Amazon so things would go smoothly. But as I have said, they didn't. But we cut the phone line and that will save us a lot of money over a years time. Plus we didn't even have long distance service because that cost $10 a month more!

My husband will be 82 on Sunday and we are going to our daughter's house to celebrate and watch the Seahawk game.  Her kids will be up so it will be good to see them since it has been a few months.

Our weather has been beautiful this week but sounds like it could start to get rainy tonight. Yuk! 

I don't know if I will get back to the blog before Christmas so if I don't I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

Snowman Lights the Way

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HD Wallpapers HD wallapers in high resolution for mobile, tablets and laptops just click and save images your favorite celebrities from hollywood and bollywood.

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...