Monday, August 17, 2015

New Favorite Author!

Light in the Night

Still a beautiful summer in NW Washington. I know it is dry and we need rain but my body says NO! I can imagine how tired the firefighters must be and how tired their wives must be. I know, my husband fought forest fires for many years in the USFS and was on a Firefighting team. I remember how tired I got keeping everything up at home with 3 little ones to take care of, canning to do, etc. I hate it that we are losing so many acres of forest because that is one of my favorite places to be.

I think I have mentioned before that my husband and I like to read books on our e-readers. I read books on the Nexus 7 that I won from Brand Thunder. Well, I have a new favorite author. Jessica James. The first book of hers I read was last month. It was called Shades of Gray. (And no it is nothing like 50 shades of gray, which I haven't read!) As you know I have been a Civil War buff for many years.  Three of my great grandfathers fought in the war. My Dad's grandfather's were both Confederate soldiers. One was in the 19th Regiment, TX Cavalry and was captured by the Yankees in 1863. My other great grandfather was in the Confederate 41st Tennessee Infantry. They were not slave owners by any means. They were poor dirt farmers. On my Mother's side, her grandfather was Carpenters Mate on the USS Cairo when it went down, with no loss of life. Now back to the book! It was a Civil War background with a wonderful love story.  I have to admit I cried at the end of it! There was a notice at the end saying if you wanted to read the epilogue to email her which I did so I could read it.  I was so pleased with the first book,  I read "Meant to Be" by Jessica next. It was also a love story with current military background. It was a great read and I loved it. I fell in love with the characters in the novel. I would recommend both of these books to anyone that is interested in that type of book. Her website is at: http://www.jessicajamesbooks.com/
I can't wait to read the next one. Plus I have several more on my Wish List at Amazon.

I must get back to work but I just wanted to let you know about this great author and check her out if you like historical novels. 


 Tiger Eyes Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...