Tuesday, March 17, 2015

First Love!

Night of the Golden Moon

I hope everyone is having a great Saint Patrick's Day. I have to admit I don't have any green on today....

I have been using Plumrose Lane for the blog "theme" and aparently they had some problems with their site and that is why my blog went blank. I had messed around with the codes so much trying to get it back I didn't think I would ever get it back. Thanks to Magda who told me PL was having the problem and thanks to Plumrose Lane I now have all my "pretty blog stuff" back. If you have a blog and want to have a nicer looking theme than the choices from google blogger try going to Plumrose Lane. Their site is at: http://plumroselane-bckgrnds.blogspot.com/2010/09/backgrounds.html.

We had the rainiest day on Sunday that we have had in a long time and broke some records, I guess.

I read something on line that reminded me of when I was 15. I wasn't allowed to date until I was 15 which was pretty normal back then and should probably be what parents do now! Anyway, I was head over heels in love with this really cute guy in my class, dark curly hair and brown eyes. Went to my first prom with Jim, etc. We were going "steady" and it was great. He gave me a bracelet I wore all the time and I gave him a gold locket my grandmother had given me. This is during the 7 years my family lived in Iowa on farms. Anyway, Jim's parents decided to move to WA and it broke my heart. We exchanged letters for several months and then one day during the summer I walked the 1/2 mile to our mail box and was so excited about receiving another letter from him. I tore the letter open with great aniticipation.... and he had decided we lived so far away from each other that we should break up. Well, I sat down along the road and cried my heart out. I thought the world would end right then and there. But it didn't and I found another boyfriend that was a cutie and blonde, Bob.

That winter my folks decided to sell the farm and move back to WA.  After living in WA for several months I ended up and wrote a letter to Bob saying pretty much the same thing Jim had written to me a year before!

Then I met the guy that would be my husband. 

To make a long story short, after I was married and had 3 sweet little babies, I was visiting my folk's for the day.  My grandmother called and said a man had called her and his name was Jim, he wanted to see me. So he came to see me at my folk's that day. I guess he had second thoughts about breaking up with me all those years ago. But he was married and I think he said he had 5 kids! He wanted to know if I was happy! I was and told him so. And that was the last time I heard from or saw him. I hope he is well and happy. It is funny how you read something and the past will pop into your head. 

Well, I better get back to work. I may be back tomorrow because I am going to take Saint Patricks Day down and put Easter up. 

Have a super day.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...