Thursday, November 10, 2016

Tears!

The Eagle Cries

 
Well, I have taken a deep breath and shed a few tears after our election returns. Everyone was surprised, and I don't know where they got it wrong, except I think some of the people that were polled were ashamed or afraid to say who they were actually going to vote for. How else could they have gotten it so wrong? Actually the majority of people voted for the woman but she didn't win the electoral vote! Which I wish they would do away with. Any election should be decided by who gets the most votes! I was hoping I would be able to tell my great granddaughter that she could grow up to be President of the United States. But I wonder if we will ever be able to say that. I don't understand why people think that only a man can be the head of the country. When a woman is actually stronger. Who has the babies? Who takes care of the household? A woman usually takes her time to think things through before she makes a decision. I can only hope and pray that the president elect is not the same man as the man who ran for the office. If he is that, he will be an embarrassment to our wonderful country. I am ashamed of his actions to women. I am ashamed of his actions to small businesses by not paying them when they did the work. But I will keep an open mind and hope for the best.

Tomorrow we celebrate Veterans Day in the USA. I would like to add my thanks to all of the veterans that fought and died for our country. 

Have a great week end.

Country Winter Painting

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your absolutely gorgeous themes Madonna, and your eloquence. You are not alone!

    I have hope someday what you say may be true for your great granddaughter in the future, that is a beautiful thing to say to her. Sadly we aren't at that point now it seems and our system is broken. Maybe sometime in the next 4 years people will "wake up" and understand this isn't something to take lightly anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Erika. I guess we just have to do better in 2020. Most of us lived through 9/11 so we will live through 11/9, hopefully. If I am around, I hope I will be able to do more.

    Thanks so much for liking my work. It keeps me busy! And I enjoy hearing from people.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. Keep our chins up for the coming years.

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...