Saturday, March 28, 2015

Habits or Schedules?

It is Saturday and we have our shopping done for the week. Thought I would check in since I am not working on designs today. I take the week end off, mainly because I don't have Photoshop installed on my laptop so I won't work on week ends. I have been shutting the PC down on Friday night and it doesn't come back on until Monday.

That got me to the title for todays blog. I have always been a person that is a list maker, has a schedule or habits. I have done this my entire life and it is too late to get out of the habit! I have been an exersizer all my life, from the time when I was 13 or so and thought I was fat because I didn't have a body like Elizabeth Taylor, who was my idol back in the dark ages! I used to run every day, rain, snow or sunshine until my knees got too bad from motorcycle wrecks and surgeries to repair them from the falls. So I walked every day and rode an exercise bike. One winter day when I got back and had to dry out my rain coat, pants and shoes I decided I would just ride the bike that goes no where. And I still do, every morning right after breakfast. 

I have a schedule for doing laundry, vacuuming, everything. It is kind of funny but my daughter used to think it was silly to have a schedule and stick to it BUT she has changed her mind and she has a schedule now. That is one way of making sure something gets done. I used to get up at 6:30 every Wed. morning and do my grocery shopping because I don't like crowds and one cold rainy Wed. morning about 3 years ago I started to get out of bed and could hear the pouring rain and thought "This is ridiculous!" So now we just go in every Sat. morning and do all of our shopping. Saves gas and stress.

Last week our weather broke 2 records, one day for the most rain and the next day for the warmest day. Everything is about a month early in the Pacific Northwest. The skiers and snowboarders don't like it much because they haven't got to play much this winter and it has been hard on the people that have business around the ski lodges, so I feel bad for them, especially the small business people.

I was looking through my theme and wallpaper files and I have so many made that I could subit 2 or 3 everyday for the next 10 years and still not have them all submitted. I really need to quit, but I can't seem to. So maybe I am in the habit of making them! Perhaps I need re-hab!

If you have read my blog before you already know that Sons of Anarchy is my favorite TV series, ever! The final season came out on DVD in Feb. so we will start watching that tonight. I usually start with season 1 and watch them all before we watch the latest season out, but this time we started with season 5 and 6 and will watch the last episode of season 6 tonight and start 7. I dread watching the last season of  6, though. One of my favorite characters gets killed and I did not want that to happen!

Well I better get to work. Dishwasher needs unloading. 
Happy Easter to all of you. Easter is also our 58th wedding anniversary! That is the first one that has been on Easter before.

 
 

1 comment:

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...