Friday, July 9, 2021

July Heat

Wet Grass

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wet-grass-by-m-donna/

Another month has passed. I am sure everyone is warm enough! We had a heat wave in the Pacific Northwest that was very rare. We don't have air conditioning and have never needed or wanted it until the past weekend. We suffered! My heart was jumping around and I thought I would have to go to the hospital. We ended up and sat in lawn chairs in our tv room which is kind of in the middle of our house, with the ceiling fan and our other 2 fans both going. But there wasn't any cool air to blow around. I had a spray bottle and sprayed us both down quite often. They say that is probably just the beginning. I can't understand why some individuals don't believe in global warming or climate change....whatever you want to call it. We have never, ever had heat like that weekend. We really can't afford to put in air conditioning in our old house so I don't know what we are going to do...just suffer with it, I guess. I can just hope we don't have anything like that again. It was almost 100 ° in our house. 

The arthritis in my back has gotten worse so I am having to limit my sitting at the computer. I wish I could afford to get one of the sit/stand things to put your monitor, keyboard and mouse on but I don't feel I can so I just have to limit myself. That is very hard for me to do. Plus I had to give up my 2 1/2 mile a day walk. Every step brought more pain. I am waiting to get an OK for an MRI to see if anything can be done to help. But it's taking a long time to get that OK!

We have finally begun to go out to do our own shopping. We have both been vaccinated but the Delta variant is in our County now, so we are still wearing masks when we go into a store. Parts of the County are resisting the vaccine. I can't understand that at all but....what does this old lady know?

We found out that my husband has to have heart surgery next month.
After 2020 and all we went through I guess 1 more surgery is nothing! We can only hope and pray all goes well. It is tentatively scheduled for the 16th of August, but that can always change. We have only been to the hospital once since the Covid started and I had to sit in the car in January for 3 hours wile he was treated for high blood pressure. I hope I can be with him before and after.

 My nephew had a liver transplant last week and got through it very well. We are so thankful for that.  He was very lucky to get a liver when he needed it but not so lucky for the generous person that donated it. 

I have to get our masks ironed and the nose pieces inserted back into them. So I will sign off for today. Have a wonderful July and stay safe and cool!

 
Summer Garden Flowers

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/summer-gardlowers-by-m-donna/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...