Sunday, May 2, 2021

May your May be Magnificent

                                          Glads & Gerberas

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/glads-and-gerberas-by-m-donna/

 Happy May everyone. I hope everyone is safe and sound. And you got your vaccine! I can't tell you how important this is. Personally I do not understand why some people are so skeptical. It seems the same people that don't want the shot...want the countries to open up. It is never going to happen until we have herd immunity and that isn't going to happen until everyone has the vaccine. I have heard some untrue stories out there for reasons not to get the vaccine. One was told to me by a family member...that your life insurance won't pay out if you died within a year of getting the vaccine! It didn't take me long to find the truth....it is a false statement that someone out there in conspiracy land figured out would scare people. When you hear these stories and that is what they are, check it out...don't believe it just because someone tells you. Another false story is that there is a chip in the vaccine....not so...and that doesn't take a genius to figure out. And it is so wonderful to hug a son you haven't hugged for almost a year and a half!

Well that is enough of my Sunday morning preaching.

Our rhubarb is thriving again this year. I checked it one day on my walk and the stalks were not as large as my little finger and yesterday they had grown to 4 times the size. You can actually see it grow. If you stand and watch it, the huge leaves actually twitch! So yesterday I made a rhubarb sauce (an old family recipe) and a rhubarb bread. (A new recipe that may become a family favorite)

Spring is finally here and we have had some gorgeous Pacific Northwest weather. I can't tell you how much I enjoy it after a dark, dreary winter. I don't have to put on ski pants to take my 2 mile daily walk. 

 A woman I always run to at Mozilla if I have a problem, sent me an email and said that in Firefox 89  that themes are going to look different. PANIC! At 82 I really hate change and it gets harder to figure out all the changes so I downloaded Firefox Nightly to see how they would look and I don 't think I am going to have to go through all my themes and do some changing. I am "almost" done with the ones I have been updating. I have been in the process of updating for almost 2 years! 

A request I have been getting from users is they want the Home Page to "match" the theme they are using. I have posted many times to the powers that be but haven't gotten much reaction. But I just noticed yesterday that the theme I am using is the Glad and Gerberas and my Home Page was  black which is how I want it. But I don't know for sure if it is a change or because I use Firefox Color to test the themes after I designed them in Photoshop to see how they will actually look that I changed a setting there. Anyway I hope it is something that lasts. I have tried it on my PC and laptop and they are all that way so I am hoping that is a change that users like. My old eyes like dark settings.

Will quit preaching and get back to work. Have a wonderful May and tell your loved ones you love them... 

A Perfect Sunset

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/a-perfect-sunset-by-m-donna/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...