Saturday, October 14, 2017

Time!

Rainy Fall Drive

Can you believe how fast October is going? The weather changed so quickly here in the Pacific Northwest. One day it was nice and hot and the next it was cold and rainy. Cold and rainy is here to stay...I put the clothes pins up today because I don't think I will be hanging laundry out anymore this year.

My 60th class reunion was last Saturday night and it was so great. One of my best friends from high school was there and I hadn't seen her for 30 years. Like I have said before there were only 5 girls in my graduation class and 2 of those have passed away. But I recognized everyone...which is pretty amazing how much we have all changed. 

I am anxious to get Firefox 57 update in...but yet am dreading it. I know things will change and I don't like change! It sounds like a lot of my extensions won't be updated so will have to do work arounds. There are new extensions coming on line everyday, though that will work with 57 so things will work out in the end. Hopefully. It is supposed to be much faster and safer. It sounds like there won't be a footer in the themes anymore, though. Which is fine, I guess. Less work for sure.

I thought I had lost another very sentimental item last week. I told you about the Pocket Angel. I have told you how we took care of my Mother after she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Well, my husband made a lot of silver rings during that time. He made one for me out of a silver dollar his Mom had given us and I wear it as a wedding ring and have for years. I think you can actually see it in the Firefox video. He made rings for our daughter and several others out of old silver quarters. It takes hours for him to make them and don't ask me how because I don't really know...it takes a lot of hammering and turning, etc. Anyway, my Mom said she wanted one so he made her one which she wore the last months of her life. After she passed we took the ring off of her little finger and I put it on mine. And I had never taken it off. I know you can see that ring in the video. Anyway...to make this long story shorter...as I was getting ready for the class reunion I noticed the ring wasn't on my little finger..and I panicked. We looked all over the house and the car for it, tore the bed apart but not anywhere.  So I thought and thought about where and what I had done that day. I had noticed the ring was getting a bit loose but didn't think it would fall off. Anyway...I FOUND IT! It was in the rubber glove I use for washing dishes. I am going to have to have it squeezed a bit to make it smaller, though, or I will lose it again.

I went to town to do the shopping this morning by myself. First time in ages that we haven't gone together. But Hubby is hunting with a grandson and great grandson today so it was up to me....I am so spoiled because he has been doing the driving, pushing the cart, loading bags into the car, taking the cart back, and unloading the car when we get home. I am so spoiled.

Well, I am going to get back to work. Have to mop the floors. Have a good week.

Steam Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...