Monday, August 8, 2016

Worry about loss

White Wolves Winter

Any of you that read my blog know that I have been married for a very long time. We will have our 60th wedding anniversary next year and have been together for 61 years! We still hug each other many times during the day and the last thing I say at night is "I love you!" If either one of us did not wake up in the morning, I want that to be the last thing I say or that he hears. I know that sounds silly, but that is what I have done for many, many years and will continue to do so. I honestly don't know how I could go through one day without him and I worry about that every once in awhile. I can't help it. It will just pop into my mind and I have to get it out of their so I get busy doing something! 

Enough!

Our summer, here in the North Sound has not been a very good summer. Anyway, I don't think so. Last year was a great summer. But this year we have had a lot of chilly days. May was super and I thought we were going to have another great summer but not so! I have noticed how much it is beginning to feel like fall in the mornings. I am not ready for fall!

Birds of Summer

Are you watching the Olympics? We always do and last night we were like little kids we were so excited when the men's USA team won the swimming relay.I was yelling "Go, Go, Go" and clapping my hands. At lunch today my husband mentioned how much he was enjoying them.

Well, gonna sign off for now. Will get back later this week, hopefully!
Have a good week!

Two Fox
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello !

    I first stumbled upon your persona for Firefox back in 2010-2011. Each time I would browse for something new, yours were always the ones I fell in love with if I can say so. I came to think we shared the same vision of the world around us, the beauty of nature, and so on. Looking up your profile, I was very surprised to discover you were almost my grandma's age, I thought you were a young girl. Your mastery of computers and Internet amazed me. It was so much better than someone my age who grew up with it ! Anyway, I started to follow your blog and have been faithfully picking your themes and wallpapers since. It looks so much like something I would make for my computer ! Since we are two generations apart, I like reading about your memories, as much as I like listening to my grandma's story. I always hesitated to leave you a comment but with everything that has been going on this year and reading your last post, I felt I ought to do it. Life can end abruptly, even more so now that the world is going down the drain. My generation will maybe not get to die of old age. Maybe we will not even get to see our children grow. We're not the first but we were told so often that we wouldn't be the next...
    Well so before age catch up or some terrorist, I wanted to say that I love your work, that an ocean wasn't enough to keep me from seeing it and enjoying it, that you are a good person with a great family and many interesting things to tell. I do wish you all the best and I pray the next day will find you well and surrounded by the people you love.
    PS: Related to your most recent post, I hear you. We may be very young and have just celebrated our 7th anniversary, but I do the same thing each night, saying I love him, fearing one of us won't wake up or come back from work the next day. I had seen it happened before, to teenagers even ! But now I'm even more afraid and I need love to be the last word I say to him and our children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comments. I am glad you like my work and I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I hope you will get to be my age and your husband also.l Growing old with the one you love is much better than growing old alone.

      I have hope for the world because there are more good people than bad. So don't let yourself get down with all the horrible things that have been going on lately.

      And keep telling him you love him. When you are young and so busy with kids, work, etc. it is very easy to start taking your husband for granted. Make sure you never do that. I have a girlfriend that lost her much loved husband when she was 50. I once mentioned that I wished my husband would pick up his socks. and she said "I just wish Howard was still here so I could pick up his socks". I try to keep remembering that!

      Have a good week up and hope!



      Delete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog and I am really impressed by the quality of wallpapers I found here.

    99 hd wallpapers

    ReplyDelete

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...