Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hubby's 80th Birthday Today!

Winters Bright Birds

Today is my husband's 80th birthday and of course he is working on an old car for someone! He shouldn't be because he had a very bad night and didn't get much sleep. But this guy needs his car fixed. I worry about him so much.  

We had his birthday party Sunday and all of the kids, grandkids and great grandkids were here. It was so special and we took a lot of pictures. Everyone (21 of us and 2 little dogs) were sitting in the living room talking and laughing and my husband started talking about his life, growing up during the depression with 9 kids and no money, his years working for the US Forest Service, fighting fires, etc. Everyone was listening and learning. Our oldest great grandson came over and sat between us and at one point put his head on his Great Grandpa's shoulder. I feel so very blessed that we have this wonderful family surrounding us with love. And wow, are they loved back! It makes me sad that so many in this world don't have that. Especially at this time of year when family should be together, if not physically at least mentally. So write a note, make a call. Don't wait until the next day because the next day may not come. 
 
I don't have any Christmas decorations up yet. Just on the back door that everyone uses. Christmas doesn't excite me like it used to. As you get older it almost seems like too much work for just a few weeks and then all the work of taking everything down. We always used to have a big old tree we would go up in the mountains to get and I swore we would never have a "fake" tree. BUT it gets harder to do that and the ones you buy at a lot have been cut for ages and are so expensive for something you are going to throw away. So we did buy a big fake tree and then that got to be too much trouble so we bought a small fake tree that already has the lights on it. I decorated it and now we just put a big bag over it, put it up in the attic and then after my husband brings it down, all I have to do is put a few of the decorations back on that fell off! We may put it up Sat. since one of the great grandkids will be here for the day and might enjoy that.

Mozilla still doesn't  have the Theme User Count fixed and I doubt if it is fixed until after the new year. It really doesn't matter but you never know if something you made was worth while or not. I have enough Christmas designs made for next year but I still keep getting ideas and make more. 

Time to call my hubby in for coffee break and get him out of the cold. I am making his favorite dish for dinner, Orange Chicken, so need to start on that, too. 

If I don't get back before Christmas, I want to wish you all 
MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS!


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your artwork cheers me as I work and your beautiful sentiment reminds us all to be grateful. Many blessings for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rebel Shark. It makes me feel rewarded when I get such wonderful comments. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...