Monday, October 12, 2015

Columbus Day or First People Day?

Faces of Halloween

There is a little controversy going on right now about what we call Columbus Day.  Should we celebrate a day when an Italian sailor found a country with Native American people living happy, full lives and then those people were almost destroyed? I guess the small amount of Native American blood I have,  says No, we shouldn't. So last year when I made my 2015 calendar I didn't put Columbus on my calender, I put a proud Native American brave on a horse, holding a spear. But the funny part is when I flipped my calender over to October, I couldn't remember what holiday the brave on a horse was for! Until I looked at a regular calender and it brought it all back to me. Several cities in WA state have changed the name of the holiday to something different to celebrate the proud Native Americans. 

Brand Thunder has some of my Chrome New Tab Holiday themes on line and the link to find them is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myweb-new-tab-holiday-edi/gfhpcmbojloimhhakfjhlboepbdmheom?authuser=4

This is one of the themes for Chrome at that site. But I also have the wallpaper and you can find it at: http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2028404/

I have really enjoyed making a lot of the wallpapers and themes for Halloween so I hope you will like them.  I will post more Halloween themes next time. These are a few of my autumn designs.

Fresh Autumn Apples
 But my favorite is Deer Season by MaDonna

Have a great holiday today and call it whatever you want to call it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...