Thursday, November 13, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside!

Autumn On the Farm

Well, it is definitely "almost" winter. It came in with a blast, didn't it? We have a northeast wind blowing but no snow, so far! If you live to the east of us you probably have some snow and cold.  My poor husband has been trying to keep up with the leaves and the wind. He gets them cleaned up one day and the wind keeps blowing so he does it again the next day. I am ready for the wind to quit blowing and I know he is.

 I decided to write on the blog and quit designing for a bit. Firefox is having some problems again! The user counter and Up and Coming have been "broken" for almost a week now. I don't check in on that enough so didn't realize it until yesterday when I was checking on something and it looked like no one was using any of my recent designs so checked in on the forum and find out it is down and they don't have anyone working on it yet. 

The election is over and I am very unhappy with the results. I am afraid we are in for some hard times. Older people that are on a fixed income are going backward instead of forward. And I don't see any improvement on the way. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer! How many times have we heard that phrase? Well, it is sooooo true.

I see I have some new followers and I would like to thank you for joining. Check in every once in awhile. I don't update every day like a lot of bloggers do. I am lucky if I get on once a week but I have been better this year than previous years.

A Light in Autumn Forest

Night Flight

I used to crochet a lot and thought I would make myself a hat. Well, I found some free patterns on line and since I hadn't read a pattern for awhile, I didn't even remember what some of the terms were. So I started watching a few You Tube's to see how to do them! I can't believe how hard it was. I kept pausing it an then trying it and another pause and try again. Well, right now my yarn and hook are sitting on the floor where I threw them. I will try again but I doubt if I have a hat before next winter IF I can figure the pattern out.

I am not submitting designs to Brand Thunder anymore since they closed it for submissions. But I check on their blog and see many of my designs are being featured every week. So that made me happy. Thank you, Brand Thunder!

I got out some of my old family recipes, getting ready for Thanksgiving. My sweet potato recipe was my Grandma's and she didn't have recipes! She just told us how she made it and she didn't really measure anything. She was a fabulous cook. I used to stay with my grandparents a lot and felt so cherished! I guess that is the best word for how Grandma made me feel. She made the best baking powder bisquits you ever tasted. (That was what she called them) She would put handfuls of flour and a pinch of this, pinch of that, etc. and then roll them out and cut them. They were so good and they had their own honey and that was what we put on them. I have never had a better biscuit in all my life. And they always turned out perfect. I miss her. 

Well, that was dumb because it just made me hungry so will sign off for now. Have a great week end, everyone. 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...