Summers Here

It is the day after the 4th of July and summer is finally here! For the first time in awhile we had really nice weather for the 4th.

But now I will start getting sad, because this is the first year in many, many that I won't be able to ride my bike. I guess I should be happy and proud that I got to ride it last year when I was 71, but I told myself on every ride last year that it was the last year and for my own sake  it is for the best. I bought this bike new and have had the best of times on it. I had been riding motorcycles for many years, dirt biking for fun and then competition. I did really well, too and have the trophy's to show for it. At that time they didn't make motocross gear for women so I had to buy boys or mens. I rode in a marathon one time in January and it was 5 ° and so cold the kerchief I had over my nose and mouth kept freezing. But I loved it!

Then we got road bikes. I wasn't about to ride behind my husband so bought my own. The last one I bought was the one I have now. I saw a picture of it in a bike magazine and knew it was just what I wanted and it wasn't even in the shops yet, but I waited for 3 months and when they got them in, I traded my old one in and got this one. And have loved it since day 1. My husband even liked it so well, (after I finally let him take it for a short spin) that he traded his in and got one the next summer. 

The best part of summers was when we would load up our gear and take a road trip. We had a favorite cabin we would stay in on the east side of the mountains where it is much warmer and less traffic. When you are riding you smell the smells and feel the air. Those were the best of days and I will treasure them forever. 

So, it is kind of sad for me that I know those days of bike rides are over for me and I get jealous when I see people riding on the nice summer days.  But I guess I should treasure the memories and look at all the photos we took. So that is why I am sharing a picture my husband took of me last year on our last road trip.

This post has nothing to do with Personas except some of the photos I have used were taken on some of those bike rides. 

I just wanted to do a little sharing while I took a break from designing. More on that later. Not to get back to work!

Have a great week.


Comments

  1. MaDonna I am forever awed by you...
    Thank you for your wonderfully beautiful Story.
    A truly wondrous Woman you are...
    Hugs... Respect... and deep admiration from Magda in Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿฆ‰SEPTEMBER๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸฆŠEnd of October๐ŸฆŠ๐ŸŽƒ