Thursday, September 9, 2010

Missing Mom

Dolphin Dance
http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/293903

This is the  latest design I have on line. I made a wallpaper that matches it using Photoshop.  Using the layering is a challenge for me. I don't think I am using it correctly, but it seems to work out in the end, although sometimes it takes me twice as long.

This is a sad week for me. Eight years ago this week my Mother passed away. I just read my sisters blog and she is feeling it also. Our Mother was someone everyone loved. You didn't meet her and not love her. I wish I were more like her, but I am afraid I have a lot of my Dad's traits. Stubbornness for one. My wanting to create things came from my Mom, though. She was always doing craft work or sewing. Always! Up until the very end she was having me help her put things together. As I was dusting our bedroom today I dusted 3 different things that I helped her make. One should be thrown out because it is getting very discolored, but I have a hard time doing that. I will have to, though, soon.

When I started writing today I had no intentions of being all blubbery. But that is what is on my mind today.

All in all I have had  a good week  though. I have made some pretty good Persona designs and since I try to make a wallpaper to go along with it, it takes me a lot longer. You can check out some of my wallpapers at:  http://my.desktopnexus.com/MaDonnas/uploads/

I also did some sewing this week which I dearly loved doing. Since we have one new great grandson and another one on the way in December, I made some tiny little tee shirts and sweatshirts. I used to sew constantly for my grandkids, 6 boys and 1 girl. But because of Fibromyalgia I had to quit. I am not one that can do something half way. If I start doing something, I do I want to work on it all the time.

I want to thank my followers of both Personas and wallpapers. Because you use them I create them!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today. I actually feel better now, getting some stuff out!
 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the Australian Outback. I've only yesterday discovered personas exist and really love your style of work so thanks so much for being a great inspiration to add another area to use some of my photos - yes I've caught the persona bug well and truly!! Your Mom sounded such a special person - she will always be with you just in another dimension when you have such wonderful memories (((outback Aussie hugs filled with sunshine))) from Lorraine (aussiegypsy) .... http://www.lorraineharris.com

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...