A Bit Nostalgic




Family Values
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/family-values/


The theme I am showing today is one I made a long time ago from old family photo's. 

For some reason I am feeling a bit nostalgic this week. Perhaps it is because I will be 75 in the next few weeks. I was thinking about how things have changed so much since I was a little girl. I was raised in the country, on a bunch of different farms in 2 states. The largest farm we had and worked was in Iowa. And it was a big improvement over many of the homes we had. We lived on several farms where we didn't have electricity, running water or an inside bathroom! And the road was just dirt!  So when it rained the road was mud! When I was 10, I had an appendicitis attack in the middle of the night and my Dad had to get the tractor and take me to my Aunt and Uncle's house (they lived on a paved road) to take me to the hospital.


My parents were both raised on farms in IA. My Mom and my Dad's family have been a part of the history of the United States way back to the 1600's. My Dad's family were from the south and my Mom's from the north! 

About 10 to 15 years ago I got interested in the history of my family and really got into genealogy. The internet was a great place to find information and I found some relatives I didn't know I had. I even got pictures of some of my family from the 1800's.

My daughter should be here any minute so I will sign off for today and tell you more aother day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿฆ‰SEPTEMBER๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸฆŠEnd of October๐ŸฆŠ๐ŸŽƒ