Friday, December 22, 2023

πŸŽ„πŸŽ„MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

 

                                                   Singing Gnomes

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/singing-winter-gnomes-m-donna/

 

That time of the year, my friends! I have been so busy making new themes this year and having so munch fun. And it seems like people are liking them! Thank you for all the wonderful comments and wishes. 

We celebrated my husbands 88th birthday last Sunday. He is doing really well. Working hard but taking it easy at times, too. Not working out in the weather at all. But our winter has been amazing this year. It has only frozen a couple nights. Last year we had a northeaster at this time and it was 9 degrees out! So this year it is a blessing.

We are done with all our vaccines and check ups for the year! My new medication has really helped my Fibromyalgia and my back doesn't even hurt as bad. It's never going to get any better! You can't cure old age! Yet, anyway!

We feel so blessed this Christmas. Our family is all doing so well. Our grandson that had the horrible brain injury is doing better than anyone expected. The main thing that is bothering him now is his ear. They did surgery on it when they replaced his skull cap but he still can't hear well. It kind of comes and goes so they may have to do another surgery. He actually passed his written and driving test. Apparently you have to go through testing after a massive brain injury. Our oldest son (66) is retiring in March. He has worked so hard his entire life but then the whole family have been hard workers! We raised them to be workers. They worked at home and started picking berries as soon as they were old enough! They all worked during the summers, instead of running around and getting in trouble.

Looking forward to Christmas day. We are doing less food this year. I have to make my chicken wings and they take 3 hours to cook! Going to play killer Uno and enjoy being together. 

I would like to wish you all a wonderful holiday and enjoy your family and friends. Give someone a call you haven't talked to for awhile. I didn't send out Christmas cards this year and I noticed a lot of people must have decided the same thing because we have only gotten a few.

One of my oldest and dearest friends passed away a few days ago. I hadn't seen her for a long time and the last time we talked was during Covid. She was in a nursing home and her family, etc. couldn't visit her so she was lonesome. But she was real hard to talk to on the phone because she was hard to understand. But I am so sad for her children and grandchildren. She lost her husband, who was our best man and my husbands friend all through his 12 years of school, over 30 years ago.

Didn't mean to put a sad ending here but I type what comes to mind.

I would like to wish you all a wonderful holiday and wouldn't it be great to have people get along and not have such a divisive country. Let's face it, next year is not going to be pleasant! I just hope we can all do what is best for our wonderful country and keep us safe. But I have to say I am glad I am in the part of my life where I probably won't be around. We must keep this wonderful country what is has always been. A wonderful country. But I worry!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

AND 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you had a lovely time with family. Keep updating your blog, we love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DW. I am really pleased you are reading my blog. At my age I don't really have anything exciting to say so it's pretty boring! Happy New Year, DW

      Delete

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...