Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February

Joyful Purple Poppies

February is almost over and I am just posting for February! Oh, well, you know I don't  keep this up like I should if I was a good blogger.

I have had the laser surgery on both eyes now and I guess it was successful. The Dr. said the pressure was down and it should help preventing the common type of glaucoma. I didn't know before this that there was more than one kind.

I have had to cut back on computer work, though. I am trying a 20/10 plan but I am not always successful. 20 min on the computer and 10 off. The 10  off is easy because I am going through drawers and closets getting rid of stuff I haven't used for years. The 20 on is harder because I will be in the middle of a design and the darn timer rings. Sometimes I forget to hit the start button, too so have no idea how many minutes I was working. I seem to lose time when I am working. But my eyes are better and my back is definitely better so I just have to make myself do it. I am not submitting as many designs a day, though because of this.

Right now I am working on a banner and avatar for a company that makes soaps, lotions, etc. and it is fun. I am working with the colors and things I like to work with, angels, doves, clouds, etc. I sent them a sample of what I am doing so can't work on it anymore until I hear back.

Our oldest great grandson was 8 years old yesterday. We went to his birthday party Sunday and he is getting so grown up.

Well, I just heard from the company and I have to start over! I will use it as a theme! It is too pretty to waste.

I hope you all had a nice Valentines Day. I baked brownies for my husband and he gave me a valentine he made and some candy. It was nice and I just feel lucky that I can spend Valentines with him after all these years.

Back to work and hope all is well with you. Be back soon


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was more than one type of glaucoma either.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is at least 2. The narrow angle glaucoma can occur very quickly and you may not even know you have it, like I didn't! The NAG type can cause eye pain and severe nausea. The Dr. said you usually end up at the ER and if you don't get it taken care of promptly, it can cause blindness within 24 hours. I had never had any problem but I went in for an appt. because of my severe dry eyes and the pressure was up. So he did some special tests that look into the back of the eye and could see the "angle" was very narrow and if it closed so the fluid couldn't drain, that is when the eye pain, etc. So, guess I was lucky I went in when I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhật và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...