Sunday, February 26, 2012

March into March

Irish Fairy

Well, today is my 73rd birthday and I must admit I felt like it when I got up this morning, but much better now. I decided today would be a good day to do an update on the blog, so here I am! I haven't made many St. Patricks Day themes or Personas this year...so better get going on it. I don't have a lot of graphics for it so won't get too far. I like the one above called Irish Fairy.

One of my grandsons works with Photoshop and we were able to get together and he showed me some things and I showed him some and shared all of my brushes with him. He actually gave me the courage to try some new things and it has been amazing for me. I usually just stuck with what I knew and once in awhile I would do something amazing but not know how I did it! So now I am writing things down. If you have ever worked with Photoshop you know it is a very intense program with many, many, many features. I have wondered many times how designers get a certain look when I know it is not "real". So now I am able to do some clipping, (thanks, Steven) and smuding. It has made designing more fun with a better final project.

I have found out that Mozilla may change the names of the Personas and call them themes or skins or something else. I put my 2 cents in and hope they don't. I don't know if I would have to change my blog name or just keep it the same. In my mind they will always be Personas so I doubt if I change it.

I am in another contest on Brand Thunder right now, too. Making Celebrity Themes. I am not into celebrities that much so have had to kind of ask around about who they thought would be good candidates for me to work on. Of course I had a few ideas and have done those and Steven (grandson) suggested Eminem. I knew who he was but not much so had to do a Wikipedia search. As I have said before in my blog I love watching the PBR, Professional Bull Riding so made one of my favorite rider, JB Mauney. There is no voting in this contest and I am glad of that because I don't have enough publicity to get anyone to vote except family members and some fans.  I know I should do Facebook but I can't even keep my blog up very good so doubt if I would do Facebook very much. I must be about the only person in the world that doesn't though! 

Well, I hope everyone has a good day and march into March.

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. I started following your blog a long time ago because I wanted to read it, but I rarely get back to read the many I have saved. Apparently, I had never even read the intro, because I was really surprised at the info with great-grandchildren and your age. Your "Personas" (which I will always call them as well) are so full of youth and vitality. They are my favorites, and I usually have at least one computer using something of yours.

    I am a fellow Fibro sufferer, so I applaud your hard work and creativity in spite of your restrictions, and this makes me admire what you do just that much more. And, while I agree that Facebook might be a little much for you, I would suggest Twitter where you only have 160 characters, so you would basically use it to link to your most recent creations. They will shorten the links for you, so you can just keep it simple with whatever subject matter describes the link. I would follow you on Twitter if you ever decide to join.

    Blessings on your continued creativity.

    ~Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như mua máy đưa võng ở tphcm địa chỉ ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...