Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy Independence Day

Eagle of Freedom
http://animals.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/690709/ 

Almost the 4th of July and hopefully that is when our summer will start. I wanted to put a graphic on that depicted the 4th of July for me. It isn't just a day off from work, hot dogs and fireworks. It is the holiday that represents our freedom and the fight for freedom. I hope my friends from the USA have a happy and safe 4th.

I just discovered something that most people already know! Sometimes I get very depressed and have no reason to be so, but it happens and I think it happens more with age. Anyway it has for me. A couple weeks ago I was downloading a song from Amazon and it had been a downer day. But after playing the new song several times I really got to feeling better. So, I have been trying to play "my music" while I work and find at times I am singing at the top of my lungs. And let me tell you that is not a pretty sound! I can not sing! I can't carry a tune and half the time I can't remember all the words, but I feel better. But something I discovered and it wasn't a happy discovery, is if you update your computer you lose a lot of the licenses for your music. Luckily I copy most of my music onto CD's, so I can get it back and that is what I have been doing, trying to find some songs I had lost.

I received the nicest email from a fan in Germany and enjoyed reading it, plus she sent me a photo to use as a design so have been working on it. It sounds like she lives in a beautiful place and if the photo she sent me represents what she sees out her window, it is. She looks out on the Lothlorien Forest, so I will be submitting the design soon. It was kind of hard to work on, though and get as much of the beautiful photo into such a small space. There really isn't a lot of space to use to get a design into and sometimes I work for hours on one. 

I should mention the new header graphic I put on also. I called it Peaceful and is on Desktop Nexus as a wallpaper and I have a Persona to match. It makes me feel very peaceful when I look at it, so hope you all like it. the Persona doesn't show a lot of it because of space, though.

Last week was really nice. An old friend gave us her car because she is moving to Mexico and since my husband had maintained it for her and her husband ever since they bought it she wanted us to have it. What a generous gesture from an old friend. And our daughter needed a new car very badly. She works two jobs to be able to keep her house so can't afford to buy a different car. She has been driving a Jeep Wrangler with a rag top and this Subaru is like a Cadillac for her. So, she got it on Saturday and was shaking she was so excited. Thank you, Gloria. You are a very special person.

We also got to visit with some old friends we hadn't seen for a long time. And that was great, so thanks for popping in.

I better get back to work, but wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th and if you don't live in the USA, have a great week.

Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...