Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August already!

Happy Goldfish

August...Wow, summer is almost over and we are headed for fall. We have had wonderful hot summer weather and I have loved it. Lots of fires, though. So I know we need rain. We are way behind on rain this year. Since May we have had very little rain. 

My brother and his wife just got sent to the Redding, CA fire. They are on a support team for forest fires and had tried to take this summer off because they had a grandson high school graduation, a grand daughter college graduation and a grand daughter's wedding and showers this summer. I am sure they will be able to get back for the wedding. They got to attend the graduations, anyway. My husband would love to be fighting fire...he really misses it. 

I doubt if the majority of you have heard about our poor Orca mother.  J35, or Tahlequah, gave birth to the calf which only lived for 30 minutes. She has refused to let go of it ever since, carrying the infant either by one fin, or pushing it through the water on her head.  They don't know if she is getting enough to eat or not. There are only 75 members of the endangered family of southern resident orca whales. J Pod, the mother's clan has been staying with her and has turned out in force, with more members of the pod staying with her every day. There is a crew of people monitoring her all the time, keeping boats away from the pod. How can you not feel sad for this grieving mother?

I also watched the poor great grandfather that lost his wife and 2 great grandchildren in the Carr Fire in CA. I tear up every time I see the interview with him. I can not imaging the guilt and grief he must be feeling.

I have been having a good summer and really hate to see it end. My knee is still bothering me a lot and I imagine I will end up and have to go to the Dr. but will wait as long as I can. I tried 3 different braces and ended up using my old one. I ordered one similar but it isn't as good as the old one. Looks a lot better though!

My husband went up in the mountains with our oldest son and our oldest great grandson today. He loves going out with "the boys" and it gets him away from home for awhile. He is going on 83 and I really don't like him going alone but he does once in awhile. 

Going to sign off for the week. Have a super August.

Running Foxes

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the orca story, so I read about her. I believe today is day 11 that she has been carrying her baby. And then Scarlet (J-50) is very ill, they said. Thanks for sharing the story!

    We have still been so dry here. We got some relief in early July, but no rain here since the 8th. However, mornings here have been record lows after the passage of a front earlier this week. It's been a crazy weather year and I pray we will have a wet fall/winter!

    Glad you have been enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.
    Pakistan urdu news
    Urdu News Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...