Friday, June 22, 2018

Summer Time and the Living is Easy!

Lone Wolf Theme

Waiting for UPS to pick up a package so thought I would write some on the blog. My life is not that interesting anymore that I have a lot to write about...but...that is OK. 

Cool out today but we have actually had some lovely warm weather. Some considered it hot but to me it was lovely warm! Forest fires have already started in the west and I think we will probably have more every year. Our summers are much warmer and dryer than in the past. May was the driest May we have had in many, many years. 

I think I wrote in my last post that my laptop had problems but I got it up and running fine. Well, last week my desktop decided it wouldn't work. And I could not figure out how to get it to restart. So I had to call my IT expert, my grandson! He stopped and picked it up on his way home from work. He thought it may be time for a new one. He built it years ago, but has replaced different parts over the years. The last thing was the electronic hard drive, anyway I think that is what it was. It made my computer work so much faster. But he found nothing wrong with it except I had too many programs trying to sync. So, he did some work on what programs to start, etc. And replace a fan that was getting a bit worn. So I really lucked out. I was dreading having to totally get Windows 10 and everything set up on a new computer. I have everything so personalized like using Classic Shell to make Win 10 look and work like Windows 7, etc. 

I hope everyone had a nice Fathers Day and got to reach out to your Dad.. I certainly thought about mine. We spent the day before with all the kids and some of the grand kids and great grand kids. When your family gets extended like ours is into a 4th generation, it gets hard to fix it so everyone can get in touch or spend time with their Dad's. Luckily all of ours are close by so it isn't quite as difficult. Our oldest son barbecued and the weather was beautiful so we got to spend it all outside. 

It doesn't feel like I am going on 80! I honestly don't feel that old. And I normally have tons of energy and get everything done I need to. I am lucky that my husband loves to be outside so he does all of the outside work, mowing the lawns and even mows the field so I am very spoiled. Being old isn't bad if you don't feel old, I guess. So I try to stay as healthy as I can. I wanted to start walking again this summer but with my one knee I now realize that isn't going to work out. I hurt it racing in a motocross years ago and had to have surgery on it twice. The first  surgeon didn't  do a very good job, so a few years later they did the microscopic surgery and it got better but from years of misuse it is not the same. The microscopic was so  much easier on me than the "cut you open" type. But I have a lovely scar!

June only has one more week and then it will be July. The days start getting shorter today by 4 seconds! 

I hope you all are well and having an enjoyable summer. Till later!

Freedom Reigns



5 comments:

  1. 80 years old and 18,000 personas? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Father's Day; BBQ is always welcome. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amanda. I appreciate you reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi MaDonna,

    It does my heart good to see someone who is in our age group, considered "elderly" to be doing so well.

    I wanted to give you a heads up about a couple of your mozilla/firefox themes I have been trying to install. Unfortunately I keep getting an error "Installation aborted because the add-on appears to be corrupt."

    Have you "heard" anything about this before and if so is there a work around for it. I love this theme, so would like to be able to install it.

    Glad to see you are an intelligent person and didn't believe all the hype about how it was OK to come out of hiding. Anybody who had some intelligence and common sense should have smelled the roses so to speak.

    God bless, stay safe. Hope your husband is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...