Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Heat!

Gerbera Glow Butterflies

Whew, we finally got some hot weather but you can't see the sun. The air is full of smoke from the wildfires in British Columbia. The smoke was up high yesterday but today is clear to the ground. It actually looks foggy out but very warm! There are forest fires all around us actually. At least two in our old stomping grounds in the District we lived in when hubby was in the U.S. Forest Service. Oh, how he would love to be able to fight fire. He loved doing it and since we weren't making tons of money working for the government, we loved the extra pay in the check! The kids say they can still remember what their Dad smelled like when he got home from a fire. There was one summer I didn't even get his fire clothes washed before he got sent out on another one.

I want to thank David from Virginia that sent me a really nice pocket angel to replace the one I lost. It actually has the same saying on the back of it that my old one did. So, thank you, David.

I am so disappointed that the local radio station that I listened to every day changed their format from progressive talk to music. And it isn't even the kind of music I like so I do not listen to it anymore.

I am doing an interview tomorrow with a magazine and I am a bit nervous about it. I hope I will do OK. I will post here when it is on line.

The cataract surgery I had last month is all completed and I picked up my new glasses yesterday so am pleased that is all finished. I had my last appointment with the ophthalmologist last Thursday and I had to start putting the steroid eye drops in for another week because my dry eyes made the healing a bit slower. 

One of our grandson's and his family spent most of Sunday with us and we had such a good time. The weather was really nice so we got to sit outside and the boys could use up some of their energy. They rode the 4 wheeler in the field and picked some of the blackberries that were ripe. If anything happened to this corner of the US...and their were no people....the blackberry bushes would take over. Most people think they are a nuisance but personally I love the blackberries. You do have to control them but the County likes to mow them all down every year. At least they can't get to our back field!

Washington DC is certainly in turmoil! You don't get bored and it is hard to keep up with who is in what position because the man in the white house might tweet something and pow...someone has been replaced. I just hope he doesn't get in so much trouble he decides he wants to blow North Korea off the map. Oh, how I look back to the last 8 years and wish the news was not quite so scary.

I am going to get back to work and wish me luck with the interview tomorrow. Have a great week.....

Fox & Butterfly

3 comments:

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...