Wednesday, May 17, 2017

On to Memorial Day!

American Farm Land

I updated my blog cover to get ready for Memorial Day. The eagle is hanging his head in shame for what is going on in our wonderful USA.

Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day. Mine was very nice and special. Saturday one of our sons and grandsons came over to help my husband work on a car so I fixed venison steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc. for dinner. Also made their favorite Crazy Cake. Sent the rest of the cake home with them. Sunday our oldest son and his wife and our daughter came over. Our oldest grandson and his three little ones were here for awhile, too. I got two beautiful hanging baskets and some lovely lilacs. So I did well! And it is always great to see the kids. The weather was not very good, though. I am beginning to wonder if we will ever get any summer weather. 

I have spent half the day looking for my husband's cellphone. He has a habit of losing things, keys, etc. He doesn't use his cell much and it had been over a week since he had used it, so have no idea where to look. We have both searched all the vehicles, cupboards and drawers. I am going to go through the toy box because one of the kids might have found it and it got put in there so that is next on my list. I am just worried he may have actually lost it. We don't use our cells a lot so we have been using tracfone for over 15 years and have always been very happy with it. I am going to give it a couple more days and if we don't find it I will deactivate it and get the minutes transferred to a different phone. 

Did you notice my American farmland theme? If you have read any of my posts you know how I feel about protecting farm land. I always lived on a farm until I got married and then lived in timberland since my husband worked for the United States Forest Service. So I love my open spaces and could not live in a city. Just couldn't do it. So I want to protect all the farms, especially small farms and family owned farms. And have worked for years to protect it. 

What do you think of the news this week? Every day there is breaking news and I am hoping things will finally get straightened out and we won't look like the laughing stock of the world.

Gotta go start our dinner. I have been trying out a lot of new recipes lately trying to help my sweet husband's heart health. 

Best to all of you and I will check in soon!




2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I love your newest designs, especially the Eagle above. Sad to see that he, too, is ashamed of the direction our country had been going. Hoping things start to straighten out in the not too distant future. And hopefully you found your hubby's cell phone! My daughter does the same thing. LOL. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I appreciate your comment and YES he found his cell phone. It was behind the wheel of his truck in pieces. Apparently he had laid it on the tailgate and it got knocked off. Luckily it still worked and he hadn't backed up over it!

      You have a great Memorial Day, too and let us hope our eagle can start holding his head a bit higher!

      Delete

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...