Thinking Back!


Me on my 175 Yamaha

I had a dream last night and I was riding my dirt bike. Great dream! I am too old to do it anymore so the only time I get the thrill of riding is when I have a dream. And I dream about riding a lot. Either my dirt bike or my road bike. But last night's dream I was dirt biking. Climbing the coal piles at Cle Elum, WA. We used to camp there every summer holiday with my family and friends. We rode the trails and the hills all day long and sat around a huge campfire, drinking wine, roasting moose meat sausages from a moose my husband had gotten in Canada, marshmellows and telling tall tales about the trails we had ridden that day. It was great! When our youngest son had his first dirt bike (he was about 10), he and a friend his age put 300 miles on their bikes the first day! They came in to gas up, and gone again. 

The reason we would go to Cle Elum was because it is on the east side of the mountains and is really nice weather almost every day in the summer. On the west coast it is much different. So we loaded up 4 bikes, 3 kids and lots of food and headed east. 

I would love to go back to those days but since my husband is 79 and I will be 76 next week those days are long gone. Only in my dreams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿฆ‰SEPTEMBER๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸฆŠEnd of October๐ŸฆŠ๐ŸŽƒ