Thursday, July 17, 2014

Burning UP!

Summer Explosion

The weather here has been extremely hot. It sounds like it is going to change, but we are just not used to it. I don't have to work outside in the heat so it doesn't bother me but I feel for our sons and all who have to work out in it. I really feel sorry for the firefighters that are working so hard in 100° weather. My husband used to be gone weeks on end fighting forest fires during his 33 years in the Forest Service. Our kids  have told me they remember the smoky smell when he came home. Back then they didn't have portable showers for the fire fighters like they do on some fires now. His fire fighting boots would smell smoky till they were worn out. The money was good, but I was left home with 3 little ones and we all missed him. I had to get his dirty clothes washed and dried right away because he had to be ready to go on the next fire. One time I didn't even get them washed before he got that call! I can't remember if he took the dirty ones or not.

But the eastside of Washington is burning up. So many of the trees are dead because of pine beetle infestation. So they actually look brown and burnt and are tinder dry, just ready for that lightning strike or whatever. 

It sounds like the midwest is colder than usual, the polar express or whatever they call it. It didn't use to be this way. When I lived in Iowa the summers were very hot. Our air conditioning was to open the window at night to sleep, put a damp towel over you and hope for a cool breeze. But yet there are people that deny their is climate change!

It only took by grandson 2 days to get my computer cleaned out, the new solid state hard drive in and back to me! And it is definitely faster and I don't get "Not Responding" anymore. So that was definitely the problem. 

I am not doing near as much design work as I was, though. I have so many made already I just don't need to but I miss it! Mozilla has changed the way they choose their Featured designs and I think they must be picked by a machine or something because I have noticed when one of mine is featured it is one that is really not very good...and yes I do make many that are not very good! As do others, so they aren't choosing them by which ones are really extra good, so that makes me wonder about how they are chosen.

Now to Brand Thunder...something is screwed up on their site, too. You can't submit designs anymore. They told me weeks ago they were working on it, but I check once a week and it is still not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

💚Marching on to Spring💚

                                            Spring Tulip Farm https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spring-tulip-farm-by-m-donna/  ...