Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still Busy

Spring Barn
http://architecture.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/663965/
 
We got out to take a few pictures and visit my brother and his wife a week or so ago. I found this old barn with a flowering plum tree in front of it and made my poor hubby stop along the road so I could take a picture. It turned out pretty well. I also made a Persona to match and the link to that is with the wallpaper.
 
We actually got some days of sunshine and it was great. We sold our whole rhubarb crop to a local winery and am excited to taste it. It isn't actually wine, it is mead and from what I have read about it, it is becoming very popular. It is a drink from the olden days and not made with grapes. I took the quote below from the winery's website, Honeymoon Mead.

"Wine made from fermented honey, rather than grapes, mead was the nectar of the gods on Mt. Olympus, the celebrated drink of poets, lovers and kings.  It has long been touted as an elixir of health, fertility and longevity.  But despite its rich history, mead is not well known in modern times." 

Sounds interesting, doesn't it? They don't bottle the rhubarb wine because they probably don't get enough rhubarb, but when it is ready he has invited us down to taste it as they sell it in their tasting room. He wants our whole August crop so hope it does well. It isn't as good as the spring crop, but still tasty. My hubby is going to split it and get some new starts going for next spring. For some reason rhubarb does very well in our ground. It was even featured in Country magazine in the early 2000's. The corporation that purchased the 500 acre farm next to us is trying to develop it into thousands of houses so they keep saying it isn't good farm land! Everything we have ever planted does very well but I guess you will use any excuse/lie to get your good farm land developed into housing. Houses sell for a lot more money than corn, peas, cattle, etc.!!!

We got to have our oldest great grandson for a whole day and it was sunny so we got to be outside. He and his great grandpa love it outside where they can spread their wings.

I was trying to cut back on designing as I said, but darn, if I didn't get some new graphics and worked through the pain!

I didn't like the font I had on my blog so when I checked it yesterday decided todays job would be to change it, so I did. I love the fancy fonts but it is kind of hard to read. 

Must get busy working and since I got the blog updated I have no excuse not to get to work. First a cup of coffee and then will get to it.

Have a great weekend and if the sun is shining where you live, enjoy it and think of me in the house with rain outside. 

Till next time!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cell Phone Wallpapers

I am thinking about making some cell phone wallpapers. Please let me know what you think about the idea and I will check into it. This is on...